Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday 6/29/13

This morning we got to do a service project! We went to a village and helped them clean up their garbage. There is no dump or garbage system so people will just throw their garbage on the ground. Their only way of managing it is to burn it.
We handed out dust masks to everyone. The kids loved them and they all wanted one.

The service project was through the radio station that Baptist and Lela own. They were broadcasting people talking about the project over the radio. I got to talk about it, so I was on the radio! It was quite possibly one of their most awkward interviews because I had no idea what to say. He just handed me the phone and said to start talking about what we were doing. There really wasn't much to say. "We're cleaning up garbage..." So awkward, so funny.

There were so many kids in the village and they just stood and stared at Kirsten and me. I started talking to them and asking their names. Once they saw I wasn't scary they really warmed up to me. They were so cute.
When we left they all wanted to shake my hand but there were so many of them so then they just started grabbing my arm. It was pretty funny.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you were on the radio!!! Haha it looks like you are having so much fun dear! Miss ya!
    -Manda(:

    ReplyDelete