Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday 7/5/13

Baptist's radio station was sponsoring an American Idol sort of thing for Dodoma. He invited us to come and watch the auditions. They had to be good at singing/rapping, dancing and DJ-ing. Most people rapped, only a couple sang. The dancing was not what you would expect, it was like the super awkward stake dance bob up and down sort of thing. And then a few too close couple dances. All in all, the dancing was pretty awkward. We didn't see any DJs.

Today was our last day at the children's home. I will miss those kids so much! They are the cutest.
There was this boy there who was helping his special needs sister do all of the activities. It was so cute, you could tell he really loves her and she was so happy to be included.

We made chocolate chip cookies for the kids and the teachers. They all loved them!

While we were waiting for our taxi to come a bunch of people were admiring my CTR ring. They were explaining to me what it means to wear rings on certain fingers. I guess by wearing it on my middle finger I am either engaged or looking for a boyfriend, they couldn't decide which. A little boy said "You are looking for a boyfriend? I will find you a big boyfriend!" then he did eenie minie moe and chose one for me. Funny boys.
The kids love doing the Virginia Reel!

Bunk Bed
Carol had the kids write their names

No comments:

Post a Comment