Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday 7/1/13

We went to the orphanage today. It was so awesome! We started with the cup game. It was slow going at first, but they got it and we did it all together and it sounded so cool.

After that we did some square dancing and do-si-do-ing. We all had partners. Mine was a boy named Shafri. He was about 10 or 12 and he was so funny! He would get a serious look on his face when he bowed and do-si-doed and then he would go crazy when we did the swinging. We were supposed to change partners but he never let me.

We did another game after that with partners. Shafri was obviously my partner again. It was monkey in a tree, bird on a perch, baby in a cradle. I don't know if you know that game. The last partnership to do the action is out. Shafri and I lost in the final round.

We did a hand slapping game but the kids didn't catch on very fast and they got kinda frustrated. A couple of people got it but everyone else gave up. After that we made rain. It was pretty cool. We had to go through it twice because they weren't quiet the first time through.

We were getting ready to leave and I saw this kid shuffling cards in this weird way. I showed him how I shuffle with the bridge and all of the kids were amazed! I tried to teach them, but their cards were so beat up it was pretty difficult even for me. Tomorrow I am going to bring some of our cards and we'll try again. They all wanted to learn.

They all walked us out to our taxi and said goodbye. I can't wait to go back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment