Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tuesday-Wednesday

We went to the Shukurani Children's home again on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Tuesday we played a ton of active games like friendship tag. It is so cool to see how the kids can catch on to what I am teaching them even though we only speak a couple words of each other's language. We played the monkey in the tree game and Shafri obviously was my partner again. There was another girl named Suzy who wanted to be my partner too so I just ended up carrying them both. I am so sore now!
My friend Shafri.  What a character. I got some pictures off of their facebook page.
On Wednesday we split into two groups. Carol's group did rhythm games and mine and Kirsten's group colored pictures. I had initially planned for them to color pictures of themselves with their names so I could learn them, but I don't think the message got across.

I made the mistake of drawing a picture of Superman for Shafri. After that I was coloring a picture of an elephant and this girl watched me the whole time. When I was done she picked it up and walked away with it. After that I was drawing pictures for everyone. It was fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment